Sunday, May 27, 2012

Pre-Production Reviews Week12


OK, let’s start off with the SCRIPT that I submitted awhile ago. Recently I got the feedback from Jack that I should think about what my character feels and if I can do it right my animation will be a powerful piece. The story is quite sad but then I feel like there’s something missing that won’t make the audience heartfelt/cry! I just don’t know what it is until Jack pointed it out that how my character feels when she decides to leave the house, and I think this is it!!! All I need is a few more shots of Mya making decisions because without these shots everything will just too abrupt. The only thing bothers is that if I add more shots I’ll have to go back to the storyboard and modify it then bring it in the animatic... but I guess there’s no other way!  
                My CHARACTER DESIGN is 99.99% locked up. After a while of testing and showing to other people in class and teachers, some think yellow/brown is good but then others think the background is too busy and the colour just got lost in it. Most people went with Purple and Red, however purple still seems to get lost in the background. Finally it was down to Red, everyone agreed Red is the colour to go. I think Red can make the character stand out but not poor enough even I already added a few patches on her clothes. But so far I’m happy with it but still indecisive about skin colour wether (light orange, pink or red) but that won’t be a big problem because after the 3D model is done I can experiment them with it. I cannot guarantee the 3D model will look exactly like 2D model sheet. There might be some slight changes on 3D model.
                I went through my script again and noted out most of the character’s emotions and so far I have only 7 FACIAL EXPRESSIONS. I got the expression sheet given by Jack and I used for my character but after I showed Jack, It wasn’t good enough even though it seems fine to me. So I had to change it a bit and now it’s better. Those expressions are pretty much the same because my character is sad all the time however still different. I know there should be a few more and I figured out as the animation goes.
                CONCEPT ART and LAYOUTS are the two things I need to spend a bit more time on it because I’ve been doing/fixing storyboard and animatic (the animatic doesn’t have sound or music just yet, because I’ve been jumping in different works and do a little of this and that) . I only have 1 layout that I did earlier to experiment the character’s colour schemes and 3 more to go. Since the character design is locked now I can start composite my character with the backgrounds for concept art.
                So far I have 2 pages of MOOD BOARD which has to be 4 pages and each page is for each scene, but my script only has 3 scenes... annoying much! Recently I’ve been working on Animation Test as usual I forgot most of the things in 3D Maya so I needed some help from Jack to set up stuff for me. So far I have one shot done and going to work on the next shot, this time I’ll try to do it by myself and see if I can remember all the steps!     
                Other stuff like thumbnail, video blog etc... are already done. For some reasons I feel like I haven’t done enough of work and I only have 2 weeks left before the holiday starts... I guess it’s because I did not try to finish one thing first before I start on something else. Overall according to the pipeline I think I’m in the right stage.     
                                

No comments:

Post a Comment